We have 5 guests and no members online
Welcome to EPPS, the Entertainment Publicists Professional Society! Founded in 1991, EPPS is the premiere organization for entertainment publicity and marketing professionals.
A topic of growing importance to all publicists!
Thus. Aug. 21, 2014
Time 8:30 A.M. - 10:00 A.M.
ICG Conference Room
7755 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA
No details at this time.
“How Not To Work a Room”
From the Desk of Flo Selfman
74% of all jobs are found through networking and 75% of all business deals come from networking, yet most people don’t know how to network. – Hank Blank, networking expert.
If you want to sabotage your chances of being successful at business and social events, just follow these easy steps!
- Arrive late.
- Hang around the bar. Eat or drink too much.
- Sit with people you know.
- Don’t have business cards or copies of your book with you; or…
- Have business cards deep inside your purse or in the car, not in your pocket or hand, and don’t bother wearing a name tag.
- Have a limp handshake.
- Talk only about yourself and your business/book.
- When asked, “What do you do?” or “What is your book about?” talk for twenty minutes before taking a breath.
- Break into an ongoing conversation.
- Spend all your time talking to someone who can’t help you or isn’t interested in you or your book/business.
- If someone offers you a breath mint, say, “No, thanks.”
- Send a follow-up note and misspell the person’s name or use an incorrect title.
EPPS is a non-profit organization. We express our sincere gratititude