We have 4 guests and no members online
Welcome to EPPS, the Entertainment Publicists Professional Society! Founded in 1991, EPPS is the premiere organization for entertainment publicity and marketing professionals.
SUMMER NETWORKING MIXER
Wed. July 16, 2014 New Date
Time 6:30 P.m. - 9:30 P.M.
2454 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90403
No details at this time.
“How Not To Work a Room”
From the Desk of Flo Selfman
74% of all jobs are found through networking and 75% of all business deals come from networking, yet most people don’t know how to network. – Hank Blank, networking expert.
If you want to sabotage your chances of being successful at business and social events, just follow these easy steps!
- Arrive late.
- Hang around the bar. Eat or drink too much.
- Sit with people you know.
- Don’t have business cards or copies of your book with you; or…
- Have business cards deep inside your purse or in the car, not in your pocket or hand, and don’t bother wearing a name tag.
- Have a limp handshake.
- Talk only about yourself and your business/book.
- When asked, “What do you do?” or “What is your book about?” talk for twenty minutes before taking a breath.
- Break into an ongoing conversation.
- Spend all your time talking to someone who can’t help you or isn’t interested in you or your book/business.
- If someone offers you a breath mint, say, “No, thanks.”
- Send a follow-up note and misspell the person’s name or use an incorrect title.
EPPS is a non-profit organization. We express our sincere gratititude